Friday, July 17, 2015

Ten Years Ago, I started my own travel business ...

Wow, I can't believe ten years have already passed since we bought our Cruise Planners franchise, and I started my dream vocation as a vacation planner. I've never looked back, because I love my job. (I hope you all feel the same about what you do, but if you don't, let's talk!)

After a few years with Cruise Planners, I felt I could grow my travel business and earn more money with a different host agency, so I joined America's Vacation Center, which then quickly changed it's name to Avoya Travel as an independent vacation planner, and I've been with them ever since. And, now I'm celebrating my 10th year in the travel business.

I started out mainly planning cruise vacations, eventually adding some high-end resort vacations, and now I book luxury trips of all kinds, and it's so much fun! I didn't replace my fulltime income immediately, so it helped to have a husband whose own business could support my travel business until I became profitable.

I've met new folks who ask me to plan their vacations, while my valued guests return regularly for me to plan their vacations, so my business continues to grow, and some days I could accomplish so much more with an assistant. And, the number of hours in my day determines how much I can accomplish.

When my husband, Roger, recently shared the new business he and some friends were launching this year, I was so excited, because I saw a way to increase my earnings without increasing the number of hours I worked. As I grow that business, I can get back to the fun of planning (and taking) vacations, and I can introduce folks to this same business which offers a revenue stream to get out of debt, buy a house, pay for your children's private school or college, pay off student loans, fund a ministry or mission, and more.

If you know me, you know I don't like selling things (I plan vacation, I don't sell them), I don't like to pressure folks to do anything, and I have a life I enjoy, so I want to spend the bulk of my time with the people I love. I'm happily building this new business alongside my travel business, and I'm so glad it works with my comfort zone.

If you'd like to know more, let me know, because ... it can seriously be the blessing you need and maybe an answer to your prayers. I can tell you the whole story in less than 15 minutes, and, like I said, no pressure at all. I hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment